18 November 2017

Troiareuke - Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul & Review

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Let the battle begin!
These cushions are super hyped everywhere and I thought why not try them out. I've bought the H+ Cushion myself late in summer and then later in September Jolse was 'recruiting' 20 reviewers to review the A+ Cushion. I entered because and I got picked! Today I'm going to share with you my thoughts on both these cushions and comparing them; to see which one is best for me and in general for everyone ...and if they are worth the hype.

I have bought the H+ Cushion with my own money and I've received the A+ Cushion for review purpose from Jolse as I just described above.
No matter what, I will review both these products with 100% honesty!

Delivery & Expiration date
I've received the H+ Cushion on August 14th and the A+ Cushion around the beginning of October. 
Expiration date (shelf life) of H+ Cushion is 20191121 & of A+ Cushion is 20191208.
Usually when you've opened your cushion you have 12 months to empty, before they expire. There is however no sign saying this on the packaging.

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Troipeel H+ Cushion
13g / $38.00 / Link to product
Troipeel H+ Cushion is 99% skincare and 1% make-up cushion at the whole new level of product quality. Troipeel H+ Cushion is similar to shade #21 light beige and is suitable for those who have dry and troubled skin. Troipeel H+ Cushion gives a perfect natural cover with refreshed look. Water Wrapping System (WWS) helps keep moisture on skin from evaporation. Protects from U.V Rays (SPF50+/PA+++). Helps in whitening effect, Helps in Anti-Wrinkle effect. 

How to use:
Use makeup puff to cover the area softly

Active ingredients:
Centella Asiatica extract, Portulaca Oleracea extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower extract, Adeosine, Niacinamide

All ingredients:
Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Octocrylene, Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, CI 77492, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Ozokerite, CI 77491, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum, CI 77499, Adenosine, Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract,

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion
13g / $38.00 / Link to product
Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion is 2nd addition to the 99% skincare and 1% make-up cushion series after TROIPEEL H+ Cushion. ACSEN A+ Cushion is similar to shade #23 natural beige and is suitable for those who have acne and sensitive combination skin. A special formulation for combination and oily skin provides perfect coverage, light texture and perfect sebum control. U.V Protection (SPF 50+ / PA+++) and brightening effects can be expected as in H+ Cushion. In addition, SMC (Smart Moisture Capture) applied in A+ Cushion keeps the skin moisturizing from the dehydration due to excessive sebum production

How to use:
Use makeup puff to cover the area softly

Active ingredients:
Centella Asiatica extract, Tea Tree extract, Callendulla Flower extract, Adeosine, Niacinamide

Ingredients:
Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Octocrylene, Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, CI 77492, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, CI 77491, CI 77499, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Chlorphenesin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum, Adenosine, Centella Asiatica Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Madecassoside

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Spare makeup puff
Both cushions came with a spare puff. This is very useful because then you can switch them after each use and wash the other.

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Packaging & scent review
Left is H+ Cushion & right is A+ Cushion
Packaging: From the side both cushions look super similar to the Lancôme - Miracle Cushion. The top of the cushions look very sleek and professional. A doctor could have prescribed you these cushions :).  
Scent: The direct scent is okay, it smells like "prescribed" cushion haha. You can smell the "weird-great-for-your-skin" kind of scent when you first apply it. Then it fades after 5 minutes. ...But then your face kind of starts to smell. Not constantly, but you often catch this scent of anti-aging-budget-drugstore-skincare combined with foundation. It's not a great scent. This scent lingers for like and hour. 

Shade review
H+ Cushion: This shade said to be similar to #21 light beige. It's a bit too warm for my skintone. However I think I can pull it off if I apply very light. 
A+ Cushion: This shade said to be similar to #23 Natural beige. Yes, why did I enter a giveaway for a shade that would obviously be too dark for me?! Well, who knows maybe it's great color to use as a contour and I really wanted to compare these two just out of curiosity. But this shade is warm neutral beige and yes too dark for my skintone.
Both shades are warm.

What I want in a cushions: 
I don't want to feel it during the day. 
My skin needs to be able to breath.
Buildable coverage starting from sheer coverage.
Needs to look like skin, natural but fake.
It doesn't break my out no matter how long I wear it.
A finish in balance, sebum controlled with glow from within.

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Left A+ Cushion & Right H+ Cushion review
Application: I feel with both cushions you go from medium to heavy coverage.
It's easy to spread out with the makeup puff. Although it feels quite thick in some way.
Feeling: After you've applied one of these cushions, it needs some time to set to not be sticky anymore, up to 30 minutes. This could be the skincare "part"inside the cushions that needs to be absorbed. But I'm not sure.
After it's set it feels a bit weird on the skin. Like there is a thick layer of foundation on my skin which is only a tiny thin layer. It gives the feeling of full coverage foundation.
Finish: The finish is semi matte/semi dewy. Nicely in between.
Coverage: Here comes the difference... They say the H+ Cushion has a higher coverage than the A+ Cushion. But this is not the case. On the H+ side of my face you can see; it really did a great job at covering my acne break outs. Sure, you can see them peek through just a little bit, but that's why we have concealer. But on the A+ side of my face you can see the cushion totally failed covering my breakouts. Everything is still super visible!

Troiareuke Troipeel H+ Cushion VS ACSEN A+ Cushion Haul Review 트로이아르케 메이 액션 플러스 트로이필 에이치 힐링 쿠션  메이크업 리뷰 뷰티 화장품 K beauty makeup blog blogger
Closeup cheek review
But there is more difference...
The H+ cushion on the right covered my pores so smooth and my breakout as well.
Then the A+ cushion miraculously made my pores look hideous lol like there are sucked into my skin. My pores don't look like crater at all. Never seen this before and the "tip" of my breakout was not covered well.

A+ Cushion review from my mother
After I was done taking these pictures, I asked my mom if she wanted to try out the A+ cushion. Her skintone is #23 natural beige and she never has breakouts. After she applied it on her face, we were shocked of the result. She actually looked 25 years older (my mom is in her 50's) with that cushion on. Her wrinkles were so badly exaggerated and she got new ones which she doesn't have. The same effect as my pores; like her wrinkles were sucked inwards into her skin. She said; "O want to wash my face, it feels like my skin can't breath and I get the feeling like my skin is very dirty". After her skincare routine she looked 25 years younger again + 5 extra years... good skincare :)

The winner is ...

Troipeel H+ Cushion

Short recap why Troipeel H+ Cushion won
It has better coverage than the A+ Cushion and it smooths out your pores naturally (not in a primer way). 

Would I recommend the H+ Cushion?
No, I would not repurchase because of the scent and the semi heavy feeling on my skin. Someone who is used to full coverage makeup might think differently.

Short recap why ACSEN A+ Cushion didn't win
It's sucks your pores and/or wrinkles inwards into your skin which makes them appear over exaggerated and dried out. It doesn't have great coverage at all.

Would I recommend the A+ Cushion?
No.

Last words
I'm a little sad because I had such high hopes for these cushions. They didn't really work out for me or nor my mother.. Maybe for someone or many they are great. Personally I don't understand the hype. I hope their skincare products work better for me since I have to try out the Troiareuke ACSEN Pore Control Mask yet!

I hope you've enjoyed and found my review helpful,
see you in my next post ;)