27 September 2017

The Face Shop - Matt Touch Lipstick (MARVEL) - RD305 Review

The Face Shop Matt Touch Lipstick MARVEL RD305 Review 더페이스샵 매트터치 립스틱 마블 아이언맨 레드리뷰 kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger
Marvelous packaging!
The honest reason why I've bought this lipstick is seriously only because of the packaging. I know that sounds super shallow right haha! When I saw this packaging with the hexagon grid on it, I just wanted it so badly. I was not tempted by any other product from this themed collection of The Face Shop, because I'm not a huge Marvel "fan". I really love the movies, they are great, but that's how far it goes. So now is the question; is it all about the packaging or is the inside also worth talking about too?

The Face Shop Matt Touch Lipstick MARVEL RD305 Review 더페이스샵 매트터치 립스틱 마블 아이언맨 레드리뷰 kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger
The Face Shop - Matt Touch Lipstick (MARVEL) - RD305
$10.64 / 3.5g / Available at TesterKorea
It expresses the matte coloring as it is as smooth as possible. It has matte finish and long lasting effect and color sharpness effect. Perfect design is limited edition marble design.
How to use
Use right amount to apply gently on the lips.

The Face Shop Matt Touch Lipstick MARVEL RD305 Review 더페이스샵 매트터치 립스틱 마블 아이언맨 레드리뷰 kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger
Packaging
 Hexagon galore! It's a thin light weight packaging and opens & closes with a firm click. On the top is a raised metal Marvel logo. Whatever happens I'll keep this packaging. When it expires after 2020-06-07 it can serve me as a lip balm case ;)

The Face Shop Matt Touch Lipstick MARVEL RD305 Review 더페이스샵 매트터치 립스틱 마블 아이언맨 레드리뷰 kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger swatches
Review
It has a slight scent to it; a bit perfumy, something with roses I think.
Sadly I'm a bit disappointing with the color. On the previews from The Face Shop it shows this color more likely to be a dark warm brick red. This color is much more brighter and closer to a true red. This kind of colors I usually avoid since the contrast with my pale skin tone is huge. I can pull it off with a very light gradient.
When you apply, the lipstick itself feels like you put dried out chalk sticks on your lips. it feels really awkward to put on this lipstick. The color pay off is very intense though. When it sits on your lips you hardly feel it, it's very thin and lightweight.
It has a matte finish when you look at it, but it doesn't really feel like a matte lipstick. When you "mmm"your lips it feels silky and moist. When you press your lips between a tissue you get +/- 30% transfer, but the next time there is no more transfer. After this your lips look exactly the same. 
However you lips don't feel silky and moist anymore but you get that chalky feeling on your lips, as what you would expect the first time you've applied the lipstick. Weirdly your lips (from within) don't feel dried, it's just the finish on top that feels so awkward. 
Surprisingly the lipstick is quite long lasting and doesn't leave any stain on your drink. When the lipstick fades overtime it won't leave a stain on your lips.
For now I'm not hugely enthusiastic about this lipstick, maybe it will turn into a lip balm soon or I'll grow to love it, but I doubt it with this bright red color. Maybe fun for Christmas :)

Would I recommend?
NO & yes
NO; it feels awkward on your lips and its color range is to bright and unflattering.
Yes: if you like bright bold colors and chalky matte finishes.

I hope you've enjoyed and found my review helpful,
see you in my next post ;)