15 September 2016

VDL - Pantone 2016 Products Haul & Review

VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 lip cube tranquility 01 serenity rose quartz primer for eyes mirror Haul Review
Perfection
My head is not always in my "picture stash", so I kind of forgot to blog about these in Spring. Well, before we head into the cold fall days (it's still 90°F!) let's give them some attention haha! As you've seen in my March Favorites video, I had a super pantone 2016 color crush this past Spring and these items were also part of that. Today I'm going to share with you what I think about these products, aside from the amazing packaging.

VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 lip cube tranquility 01 serenity rose quartz primer for eyes mirror Haul Review 2
VDL - Pantone Mirror
Well aside from the beautiful packaging, the mirror works haha! What more to say about a mirror? Well, well, well ... one of the best purchases this year so far. Remember this mirror(9 & 10th picture), I always have this in my purse. I also use this little mirror when I'm at home, downstairs, to do my makeup for the day. Jofee loves when I'm doing my makeup since I always "play" I've doing his too xD. so happy Jofee on my lap and I'm trying to see where I put my makeup looking in that tiny mirror. So yeah super duper happy with this mirror! It looks amazing and so handy! It's very easy to hold and the mirror is so big, really perfect! You have this shape of mirror from all kind of brands, but I chose this style. I'll love it forever!

VDL Pantone 2016 expert color lip cube tranquility 01 serenity rose quartz Haul Review beauty blog blogger lipstick balm
VDL - Expert Color Lip Cube Tranquility - 01 Serenity 
$20.17 / 3.5g / Link to product
The Lip Cube marks a new generation in lipstick. The architectural cube shape gives you total control in applying lip color. Use the edges to create fine lines and the sides for broader strokes. Smooth-as-velvet application that leaves lips looking elegant and vivid all day long.
How to use
Define lip lines with the cube edge and fill the lips with color for precise and neat make-up as if done by a professional.

VDL Pantone 2016 expert color lip cube tranquility 01 serenity rose quartz Haul Review beauty blog blogger lipstick balm swatches swatch
Review
In the official post of VDL about this lipstick, the swatch on the lips looks more warm than in real life. The color of this lipstick is a cool toned bluish pink. The color looks ill matched with a no-makeup face. With a bright skin and concealed lips makeup face this looks better. Maybe nice for a snowy winter look. The consistency feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick. It's super balmy and continue to be, during the time it's on your lips. The duration is not that great, It lasts maybe 3 hours or 2 if you eat stuff. The scent is not really my favorite scent that I would want in lip my products. It has a calendula scent & taste, super similar to the Etude House Sweet Cherry Tint (click thing). I only used that one once and sold it in my blog sale. This is really not great, so I would not recommend this. Maybe if you are a sucker for calendula lip balm products ;)

VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 eyeshadow palette serenity rose quartz Haul Review
VDL - Expert Color Eye Book 6.4 - No.5
$44.02 / 9.6g / Link to product
12 essential shades in matte, pearl, metallic and glittery finishes are hand-picked by beauty and color experts to accommodate all ranges of feminine nudes from pink, taupe, beige and brown. Smooth, buildable texture and high pigmentation are delicately and differently calibrated for each section to optimize function. (base, lid, contour or highlighter) A wide 6.4 inch mirror, 140 degree tilt and compact dual-ended brush present the most convenient makeup experience.
How to use
Take shadow base and apply on eye lid. Use the light color to eye head to highlight.

VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 eyeshadow palette serenity rose quartz Haul Review
Review
For Spring, Summer and "forever" I really wanted an eyeshadow palette with easy, light weight colors. Really something you can wear everyday in S/S and when I like it! This Palette has such pretty colors, Really a jewel in my collection! Recently I noticed it's not only suitable for spring & summer but also perfect for fall and winter! Check out those neutral tones with the burgundy!
The performance of these shadows are really good and nicely pigmented. Maybe not as strongly pigmented as the dark colors from Etude House (like 1 swipe; "oh no too much!"), which is really a plus since with the color 205, you kind of want to build that up, right ;). I've tried to name the type of color as best as I could, in the swatch section at the back of each name. I'm no pro, just watched my hand and looked at my 4 options VDL gave in the official description. Really everything is possible with these colors, I couldn't pick a favorite! The brush however is not the best. sure if you are traveling and forgot your makeup brushes (unlikely) then this brush and your fingers could create a decent look. But I really prefer my own brushes. I also prefer to use the VDL Pantone mirror (first item in this post) more than the mirror in this palette. The palette mirror is big and easy to use, but I just don't use it. But it's great for traveling when you didn't bring a mirror.
I'm secretly curious of the next eyeshadow book VDL will release next year :D

All swatches are named from left to right
VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 eyeshadow palette serenity rose quartz Haul Review swatch swatches matte glitter pearl shadow
Top row swatches
Pantone 7612 Simpatico - Base (matte-ish)
Pantone 663 Tranquility - Highlighter (glitter)
Pantone 13-1520 Rose Quartz - Color of the year 2016 (pearl)
Pantone 15-3929 Serenity - Color of the year 2016 (matte)

VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 eyeshadow palette serenity rose quartz Haul Review swatch swatches shimmer glitter metallic shadow
Middle row swatches
Pantone 712 Tangy Rays - Base (shimmer)
Pantone 169 Full of Mind - Lid (glitter)
Pantone 2342 Keep Going - Lid (metallic)
Pantone 2041 Alive - Contour (shimmer)

VDL Pantone 2016 Expert color eye book 6.4 No.5 eyeshadow palette serenity rose quartz Haul Review swatch swatches shimmer metallic sparkle shadow
Bottom row swatches
Pantone 205 Leotard - Lid (shimmer)
Pantone 7521 Equilibrium - Lid (metallic)
Pantone 7610 Sister Earth - Contour (sparkle)
Pantone 7523 Cuppa Tea - Lid (metallic)

VDL Pantone 2016 eyeshadow eye expert color primer for eyes serenity rose quartz Haul Review
VDL - Expert Color Primer For Eyes
$12.96 / 6.5g / Link to product
This eyeshadow primer creates the optimal lid surface for eye color application. Enriched with silk ingredients, it keeps eyelids soft and supple while keeping eyeshadow colors vibrant and fresh all day without creasing.

VDL Pantone 2016 eyeshadow eye expert color primer for eyes serenity rose quartz Haul Review white
Review
I thought this was a new kind of primer, no idea why since it looks the same as the basic one. This is pure packaging! I've never tried this one, only the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer. Is this just as good, simple no. This formula is white and some say it disappears into the skin. Well the smudged swatch on my hand (the right one) is dried up and I still see a white cast. Though when you apply makeup over it you really have to fully cover the surface of where you applied it else you will see it. So this means you can't be messy! Then for the eyeshadow applied on top. This primer enhances the color with an extra bit of shine. It's not great for matte eyeshadow but for shimmer, metallic and chrome, it really gives that extra bang to it! Depends of what you want, since the Urban Decay or Etude House ones enhances the color (say 50% less that this one) but keeps the effect of the shadow normal, as it was meant to. I think it you have weak pigmented eyeshadows this primer might work for you. If you would use it with the color 205 from the Pantone palette, then that's very extreme! I personally love the Urban Decay or Etude House ones for extreme colors to keep it in check ;). Also the lasting power of this primer is shorter than the ones I just named. The consistency is thin and creamy as for the Etude House & Urban Decay one it's much more velvet like.
This primer is good & fun for shimmers, metallic and chromes but I rather stick with my Urban Decay & Etude House primers.

Conclusion
So 2 out of 4 are amazing, the other 2 are really not that great.
Cute & pretty packaging can be a huge illusion. Don't be tricked like me!

I hope you've enjoyed and found my little review helpful,
see you in my next post ;)